Children and Families, Children and Families
Europe , England , W. Midlands , West Midlands , Walsall
£39.07 – £39.07 per annum
08 November 2018
06 December 2018
Full-Time, Substantial post qualifying experience, HCPC Registered, Diploma in Social Work or equivalent Degree.
We're Medicare First, a nationwide social care recruitment provider specialising in finding qualified social work professionals for temporary and permanent work across the UKs local authorities. We work to provide a fair and ethical service to the workers we represent; it is central to our business ethos.
Managing a defined caseload, the IRO is responsible for working effectively with children, young people and families/carers to achieve positive change and improved outcomes.
You will be part of a robust Child Protection and Looked After Children service on behalf of the authority, by providing an effective chairing service for children and families. You will be expected to fulfil the requirements of the Independent Reviewing Officer, legislation, regulations, monitor and be part of the continual feedback and service improvement.
About the client
Our client is a forward thinking Council based in Walsall. The role in the Children's and Families department is focused on the delivery of services relating to vulnerable children, young people and complex families. These services will be delivered against specifications set by the People Commissioning function in line with the County Council's overarching outcomes.
- Chair Statutory Child Placement reviews
- Provide consultation/guidance to operational staff on practice or procedural issues in relation to looked after children, including matters arising from child care reviews.
- Play a part in quality assurance, through regular audits and monitoring of practice in relation to Reviews and Conferences and providing individual feedback to operational staff and managers.
- Liaise with other agencies and services working within the field of child care.
- Involvement in the delivery of relevant training, or other information sharing with Children and family services or to multi-agency audiences as per the authorities safeguarding board.
- Contribute to the planning and development of services to looked after children.
What you will receive from us
- Medicare First is a first tier recruitment provider to local authorities so you will have access to opportunities before they reach many other agencies
- Opportunity as a Medicare First worker to access continued lines of work
- Excellent rates of pay both (Umbrella companies, Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
- Your own dedicated consultant who will manage your registrations through to clearance
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
If you are passionate about delivering a high standard of social care and would like to work in a supportive forward-thinking environment, we would like to hear from you if you think you meet the requirements.
Please call Cindia on 0121 6888 220 to discuss further details.