Europe , England , West Midlands , Worcestershire
£25.27 – £29.24 per hour
08 November 2018
06 December 2018
Full-Time, Substantial post qualifying experience, HCPC Registered, Diploma in Social Work or equivalent Degree.
We're Medicare First, a nationwide social care recruitment provider specialising in finding qualified social work professionals for temporary and permanent work across the UKs local authorities. We work to provide a fair and ethical service to the workers we represent; it is central to our business ethos.
The Social Worker is responsible for working effectively with service users/providers and other parties within the community. The councils Older People Teams consist of operational team managers, senior practitioners, social workers and social work assistants. The team supports service users aged 65+ by completing assessments, statutory reviews and mental capacity assessments.
You will also attend multi-disciplinary meetings, undertake safeguarding investigations, complete carers' assessments and provide advice and information. The team manages the referral of safeguards, and that often involves collaborating with other health partners, police and voluntary organisations. Throughout, team members have the chance to get involved in all aspects of the work.
About the client
Our client is a forward thinking Council based in Worcestershire. The role in the adults department is focused on the delivery of services relating to vulnerable adults, young people. These services will be delivered against specifications set by the People Commissioning function in line with the County Council's overarching outcomes.
- Provide professional leadership for complex case arrangements, in situations which involve, risk, complexity and safety of the service user and others.
- Identifying through assessment the needs and strengths of service users and/or family carers and source appropriate solutions and interventions.
- Complete support planning with services users to ensure that outcomes identified at assessment are met within budgetary constraints through the provision of support, equipment, adaptations and enabling programmes.
- Identify and take a professional lead on adult safeguarding issues where abuse or neglect is suspected.
- Take a professional lead and oversee cases of individuals who lack capacity to agree to or plan their care, undertake proportionate assessment in accordance with current Adult Social Care legislation including MCA and best interest assessments.
- To provide more specialist social work practice skills and knowledge to make independent decisions and support situations in which risk, ambiguity or complexity is greatest.
- To provide written and verbal reports, appropriate for courts and other legal purposes, which are concise, informative and based on complex evidence to support problem solving and resolution.
What you will receive from us
- Medicare First is a first tier recruitment provider to local authorities so you will have access to opportunities before they reach many other agencies
- Opportunity as a Medicare First worker to access continued lines of work
- Excellent rates of pay both (Umbrella companies, Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
- Your own dedicated consultant who will manage your registrations through to clearance
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
Please call Cindia on 0121 6888 220 to discuss further details.