Children and Families, Children and Families
Europe , England , W. Midlands , West Midlands , Wolverhampton
£27.53 – £29.93 per hour
08 November 2018
06 December 2018
£27.53 - £29.93 PH Umbrella
The successful candidates will join an outstanding team that focus their work around ensuring that the needs of vulnerable children and families are effectively assessed and the appropriate care delivered. Derbyshire firmly believe that relationships are at the core of great social work and will look to you to develop strong working relationships with those in your care, and your colleagues.
The service is built on a 'Signs of Safety' culture, with social workers trained to recognise a family's strength and build on them to enable independence and prosperity.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Children's Disability Service, working with families across Derbyshire.
- Three specialist residential short break services and a dedicated short breaks foster care service
- A dedicated Integrated Children's Disability Service that collaborates with education, health and voluntary sector colleagues as well as private providers to provide extensive leisure and other services and support for disabled children and their families.
- Both senior management and the Council are committed to maintaining safe caseloads and supervision ratios as the basis for good practice and to enable workers opportunities to reflect on their practice and the Children's Services Department has been awarded a 'Good' outcome across all of its services following an Ofsted inspection.
- Regular and effective supervision.
- Mobile working and improved work/life balance.
- Manageable caseloads.
We are looking for two full time enthusiastic qualified Social Workers with a broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding, who are able to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills. You will be committed to using the full range of your social work skills to promote and safeguard the welfare and development of disabled children and assist their carers (including young carers) by means of creative, innovative and timely care and support planning and intervention. Experience of working with disabled children is desirable but not essential.
The Children's Disability Team aims to safeguard and promote the welfare and development of disabled children whilst supporting children to be cared for by their families at home. We do this by working closely with children, parents/carers and colleagues in other agencies
Why Medicare First?
- Free DBS and fast compliance service
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Regular meetings/ visits with your consultant
- "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
Please call Cindia Pina on 0121 6888 220 for further details.
It is the policy of the company that no person acting on our behalf shall discriminate in any situation against another individual or group, directly or indirectly, because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, sex and sexual orientation. Each individual is assessed on merit alone