Europe , England , N. W. England , Lancashire , Preston
£9.00 – £9.00 per hour
CB BC 27671539264353
11 October 2018
08 November 2018
My Client is a unique organisation that provides specialist complex care services to clients with various disabilities, throughout the United Kingdom. They are seeking full and part time Personal Care Assistants to support a service user in the Preston area.
To provide and maintain a high standard of care to severely disabled clients with varied and complex care needs, allowing them to live independent and fulfilling lives within their own homes. To work either as part of a team or independently, ensuring that at all times your client receives an effective and efficient service that meets their chosen lifestyle, within a safe environment.
- To provide a high standard of care and support to the client within your allocated care package at all times
- To enable your client to live their chosen lifestyle in as free and independent manner as possible
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of your client at all times
- To maintain client confidentiality at all times
- To establish and maintain an effective means of communication with your client and their family, being courteous, discrete and respectful at all times
- To monitor and maintain a safe and secure working environment for both yourself and the client, adhering to agreed standards of Health & Safety.
- To act in a responsible and professional manner at all times, being respectful of the property and possessions of the client, their family and friends
- To liaise with your manager and/or nurse specialist on a regular basis
- To ensure that your knowledge and skills are kept up to date by on the job, in house and external training, including mandatory refresher courses as and when directed
- To act in the best interests of your client and the company at all times
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of all company policies and procedures, national care standards and Health & Safety regulations as provided by your manager
- Bowel and bladder management, which can include catheter care, bladder washouts, management of sheath drainage systems, use of suppositories and manual evacuation of bowels.
- Monitoring of skin (at least once a day) to ensure the prevention of pressure sores and other skin problems.
- Ensuring that the client has frequent and regular relief of vulnerable pressure areas, including turning at night to prevent development of pressure sores
- Moving and handling of client using specialised equipment in accordance with manufacturer's instructions and training provided.
- Assistance with clients ventilator and other breathing support equipment, such as CPAP (Continuous Pressure Airway Programme) as necessary
- Assist client with coughing as necessary
- Assistance with basic physiotherapy. i.e. passive movements of client limbs to ensure that joints do not seize up and that limbs do not develop contractures
- To assist Senior Personal Care Assistants with tracheotomy changes, suction, peg feeds and Ambu bag as required
- Personal care of client to include, dressing, washing, bathing, grooming and other general hygiene
- Administration and record keeping of medication when required under supervision of client or family member
- Assistance with light domestic duties, including preparation of food, washing, ironing, shopping and light cleaning
- Assistance with feeding client if necessary
- Accompanying client on trips away from their home, such as business trips, holidays, shopping, social and leisure activities
- Assistance with checking and basic maintenance of disability equipment, such as wheelchairs, cushions, etc. to ensure they are fit for use
- Emergency first aid if necessary
Delivery of Company Requirements
- Completion of necessary paperwork required in line with Company standards to liaise effectively with service users, carers and other professionals as appropriate.
- To ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Please attach your CV to apply, or contact Chris Bonner for more information;
Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org / 0161 509 7522