Europe , England , South East England , Oxfordshire
£27.50 – £36.00 per hour
08 November 2018
06 December 2018
Experienced Adults Social Worker
My client is looking for a highly experienced Social Worker to provide a social work and case management service to adult service users with social care needs. These needs include mental health issues, substance misuse issues, physical, sensory, age-related and learning disabilities and their carers to empower and promote service users to achieve a positive outcome (within current legislation) utilising a personal/individual budget where appropriate.
Role and Responsibilities
- The candidate must have excellent IT skills and a knowledge of LAS.
- They must be able to have a minimum induction and work independently.
- They must be able to carry a complex workload reflecting high levels of risk, uncertainty and challenge, in line with the capability of an experienced Social Worker with a minimum of two years post qualification experience in social work role. To have responsibility for mentoring and supporting practice development of less experienced Social Workers. Regular supervision will be in accordance with departmental supervision policy.
- Must be able to work within relevant current legislation and the procedural framework of Bedford Borough Council.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with service users to assess their needs, identify options for meeting those needs, negotiate and review appropriate care within the Department's priorities in line with the principles of personalisation, empowering service users have control over their lives. To promote autonomy and development with vulnerable adults who have complex social care needs due to disability, exclusion, or diminished capacity and to work with them and their carers, liaise with service providers from within the Department or other agencies, as necessary.
- Must be able to model best practice in a manner which is consistent with the overall vision and aims of the service.
You MUST be:
- HCPC Registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A full UK license holder
- A Qualified Social Worker with a Degree in Social Work
Why Medicare First?
- Free DBS and a fast compliance service
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Regular meetings/visits with your consultant
- "Find Your Own Job" Bonus! - Get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available via other agencies
Based in Oxfordshire County
£27.50 - £36.00 PH
Initial 3-month contract
Monday - Friday = 37 hours per week
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply today. Alternatively, for more information, please call me on 0121 688 8220 - I can't wait to hear from you!
If this job isn't for you, but you know someone who may be interested, refer your friend! If they're successful, we can offer you a "Refer a Friend Bonus" of £250!