Children and Families
Europe , England , W. Midlands , West Midlands , Birmingham
£27.53 – £29.93 per hour
10 July 2018
07 August 2018
Social Worker - Looked After Children (LAC)
Full-Time, Substantial post qualifying experience, HCPC Registered, Diploma in Social Work or equivalent Degree.
We're Medicare First, a nationwide social care recruitment provider specialising in finding qualified social work professionals for temporary and permanent work across the UKs local authorities. We work to provide a fair and ethical service to the workers we represent; it is central to our business ethos. The well being of vulnerable adults and children and younger people can only be properly supported when our teams deliver on their commitment to our worker community.
As a Social Worker responsible for working effectively with Looked After Children (LAC), young people and families/carers to achieve positive change and improved outcomes. The Looked after Children Team work with children and young people up to the age of 18 who are in care, as they may be unable to live at home and are either placed with foster carers or live in residential homes.
Social Workers in this LAC team will work with children and young people to ensure their experiences in care is a good one and that the work undertaken prepares them for their transition into leaving care or return home to family.
Working in the LAC teams, you will receive cases in proceedings after the first hearing. The role involves visiting children and young people in placement, developing permanency plans which include SGO and adoption, undertake life-story work to enable a child to understand the reasons for being in care and also support children to return home to birth family.
This role reports to the Team Manager.
About the client
Our client is a large local authority based just north of Birmingham. The role in the Children's and Families department is focused on the delivery of services relating to vulnerable children, young people and complex families. These services will be delivered against specifications set by the People Commissioning function in line with the County Council's overarching outcomes.
- Initiation of Emergency Protection Orders (EPO) and Court proceedings
- Production of Court reports
- Planning of pathways and reviewing care plans
- Attending Adoption Panels
- Take part in multi agency, core group, strategy meetings and LAC Reviews
- Responsibility of Standard Case Management
- Implementation of Section 20 care orders
- Attending and giving evidence at court
- Make Statutory and client visits
- Provide viability assessments
What we need from you
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- 2 years post qualified with experience within local authority child protection teams
If you are passionate about delivering a high standard of social care and would like to work in a supportive forward-thinking environment, we would like to hear from you if you think you meet the requirements.
What you will receive from us
- Medicare First is a first tier recruitment provider to the client so you will have access to key opportunities
- Opportunity as a Medicare First worker to access continued lines of work
- Excellent rates of pay both (Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
- Your own dedicated consultant who will manage your registrations through to clearance
- Your own personal consultant
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
If you are interested, please contact Aaron Boffey on 0121 688 8220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of the company that no person acting on our behalf shall discriminate in any situation against another individual or group, directly or indirectly, because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, sex and sexual orientation. Each individual is assessed on merit alone