Children and Families
Europe , England , W. Midlands , Shropshire , Shrewsbury
£18.67 – £23.26 per hour
16 May 2018
13 June 2018
Medicare First are recruiting on behalf of thier client a position for an Approved Mental Health practitioner based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
1. To demonstrate an understanding and awareness of issues related to equal opportunities and antidiscrimination and ensure these are reflected in practice
2. To take an active part in supervision and development reviews, identifying professional and personal needs and agreeing an action plan to fulfil them.
3. To deputise for the team leader in his/her absence when required .In addition ,to chair meetings, conferences, reviews and represent the team when asked
4. To be responsible for the supervision of support staff and other staff as directed by the team leader, including the processes involved in annual review and staff development.
5. To undertake Approved Mental Health Practitioner duties ,participating in the Shropshire AMHP rota or to demonstrate the competence and willingness to train as an AMHP
6. To act as a specialist resource to other members of the Team, providing advice and guidance in respect of the day today delivery of social work services
7. To assist the team leader in the development and implementation of Policy, Procedures and Protocol specific to the Community Mental Health Team
8. To ensure the efficient and effective use of resources
9. To contribute to the team team's duty rota
10.To exercise responsibility for the development and maintenance of high quality practice standards.
11.To carry a caseload and act as care co-ordinator for a number of service users. This will include assessment, service planning and delivery ,care management, monitoring and review.
12.To comply with safe systems of work in accordance with the Department's Health, Safety and Welfare policies and procedures. To take area responsibility for health and safety issues in the absence of the Area Manager or within his/her direction
13.Any other duties commensurate with the grade and responsibilities of this post
A qualified Approved Mental Health Social Worker with 2 years expereince in a similar role. Must be HCPC registered social worker.
Contract is available 3 - 6 months and may become ongoing for the ideal candidate.
Why Medicare First
Your own dedicated industry expert
Access to local authority work and exclusive opportunities not with other agencies
Effective payroll with a choice of payroll methods to suit your needs
£ 250 referral bonus
£ 150 bonus if you bring your own job
Chance to work with one of the largest and fast growing social work agencies
Fast track compliance
Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joanna Spencer on 0121 6888 220